Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Twilight Fever

I’D like to think the students in my school were among the first teens who got hooked on the first “Twilight” book by Stephenie Meyer.

I was first intrigued by the book when the Philippine Daily Inquirer published a short piece on it. Then one of my classmates told me that his girlfriend had the book and offered to lend it to me and my sister. The cover was not the black background with the apple on the cover yet -- it was a picture of a girl with short black hair, standing in front of a drab grey background.

Hooked

My friend read the book first. The next day, she passed it to me. The book was passed around and soon, other batchmates and younger students in our school got hooked on it too.

I was so obsessed with “Twilight” that we had to buy two sets of the then three books to add to our collection. One was for letting other people borrow, and one was for our personal reading pleasure. You could only imagine the wear and tear these books will get after being read so many times by so many people.

Coupled with my obsession was the need to know more information about it. I visited Stephenie Meyer’s website, eager to know which celebrities will play which character in the movie, to read the scenes not included in the book and to view pictures of parties celebrating each book’s release.

Finally the movie started...


I was ready to take a nap because finally no one would notice... then I heard giggling and shrieking from girls (even ladies) around the cinema. What was so special about a group of white, pale-skinned people walking into a cafeteria?? Then, the last guy walks in and his name is Edward. More shrieking occurred! Including my sister. I didn't think he looked hot, unlike a Brad Pitt for example. He looked lanky and had weird hair. My seat mates thought he was okay though, but not as god-like as the book had described. As the story progressed, i thought it was getting interesting and I was not sleepy anymore. A lot of kilig scenes, more giggling. Finally, they kiss! It wasn't really interesting for me (apparently,it was only me). The scene that i remembered vividly was when Belle was rescued from the other vampire that wants to taste her blood so badly, the fight scene of Edward and the vampire was really awesome!

Overall, the movie was pretty fun all throughout! There was also boring scene,but all in all it was great and I was kept awake the whole time (coffee can't even keep me awake). It made me want to anticipate the next sequel. Now, i'm also looking forward to reading the book to have a more detailed understanding of what was really going through the minds of the characters. For those who haven't seen it, it's a chick-flick movie, but surprisingly, i enjoyed it! I think if you are below 30 years old, you should make sure to watch it :) Now I know what this "Twilight Fever" is all about.

Ran

7 comments:

  1. ang gwapo mo edward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mas cute xa kesa kay harry db??

    ReplyDelete
  3. adk dn aq dyn!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey you copied Chris Tiu's blog entry...you should at least give him the proper credit for plagerizing his blog.

    ReplyDelete